The transition to the new DC auxiliary pensions system aims to:
- Ensure higher auxiliary pensions for the younger generation of insured persons.
- Restore young people’s trust in the social security system. Insurance and future pensions become relevant for young people while undeclared work is disincentivised.
- Support the sustainability of the social security system and mitigate the impact of the demographic problem.
- Spread the insurance risk.
- Contribute to the development of the Greek economy by investing part of the Fund’s contributions in the domestic market.